Sep 26 - Oct 7, 2023
Sea of Galilee
Mt. Of Beatitudes
Old City Jerusalem
Garden of Gethsemane
Mount of Olives
WATCHMEN ON THE WALL TOUR 2023
Depart for Tel Aviv.
We will arrive Tel Aviv.
Once landed, we will proceed to the hotels in Tel Aviv and enjoy dinner together. After dinner, there will be an orientation meeting with worship and prayer.
Our first full day will start with seeing the ancient port city of Jaffa and visit Simon the Tanner’s house. Then we will visit Ayalon Institute which houses a secret to the Israeli fight for independence.
Visit Independence Hall in Tel Aviv en route to Jerusalem. While in Jerusalem we will view the city from Mount Scopus and visit Abraham’s Bread feeding center a facility where Israel’s poor are fed daily. We will see firsthand how Eagles’ Wings is partnering with others to help meet the needs of the underprivileged.
Journey into the Old City and to the Western Wall. Get the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to pray and walk the ramparts of the wall.
This will be our first Shabbat together. Shabbat and Feast of Tabernacles begin at sundown.
Travel to Qumran, explore the Ein Gedi and see where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found. We will go to Masada where we will ascend by cable car and tour the ancient fortress where the zealots made their last stand against the Romans in 73 AD.
We will also be exploring the Ein Gedi Nature Reserve, the place where David wrote many of his Psalms, and home to beautiful hot springs, fascinating plants and wildlife along with great hiking trails.
Awake Jerusalem event begin with the Day of Prayer for the Peace of Jerusalem.
Awake Jerusalem event morning and evening sessions at Zedekiah’s Cave and the Southern Steps.
A full day in Jerusalem! We will start our day with the Mount of Olives, Garden of Gethsemane and the Palm Sunday Walk. We will then walk through Cardo, the main street of Jerusalem 2,000 years ago and along the Via Dolorosa, where Jesus carried his cross. We will visit the beautiful Church of St. Anne’s where Jesus healed the crippled man by the Pool of Bethesda and the Upper Room on Mt. Zion.
This morning visit Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial and Museum where we can walk through the Children’s Pavilion, visit the museum, and walk down the Avenue of the Righteous. Hear from a Holocaust Survivor.
We will be exploring the Jerusalem Market, Machne Yehuda, and then going to see the Garden Tomb.
Journey to Caesarea, an ancient port build by King Herod and home to the first gentile converts. Extensive modern archaeological excavations have made viewable stadiums, theaters, temples, palaces, and a giant sea port built out in the Mediterranean.
We will make our way to Capernaum and visit the remains of the 2nd century synagogue.
Continue to the Mount of the Beatitudes where Jesus delivered the Sermon on the Mount then enjoy a boat ride across the Sea of Galilee.
Exploring Tiberias, we will head back towards the Sea of Galilee with a visit to Magdala, site of the First Century Synagogue where it is reported that Jesus actually taught.
Next stop, Muchraka, a Carmelite Monastery said to be at the site where the prophet Elijah challenged the prophets of the Canaanite god Baal to a showdown in order to prove God’s might. We will end the day with a baptism service in the Jordan River.
Early morning departures to the airport. Fly to back to the United States.
*Itinerary is Subject to Change. Considerable, vigorous walking is required for this tour. Please make note of special needs with your registration.
Click on the date to see more details
Day 2, September 28
- Arrival in Israel.
- Transfer to our hotel in Tel Aviv.
- Enjoy our first dinner together as a group.
- Worship and Orientation meeting after dinner.
Day 3, September 29
- See key sites in Tel Aviv including the house of Simon the Tanner in Jaffa.
- Visit the Museum of the Jewish People and the Ayalon Institute.
- Make our journey towards Jerusalem! Continue to Mount Scopus and the Mount of Olives for an incredible view of the city.
- Dinner and overnight in Jerusalem
Day 4, September 30
- Today we head to the Judean Desert. See Qumran where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found.
- Drive along the scenic shore of the Dead Sea as we continue to Masada where we will ascend by cable car to see the ruins of Herod’s Palace and see a spectacular view.
- Enjoy an amazing time of floating in the Dead Sea.
- See beautiful Ein Gedi National Reserve where David wrote many of the Psalms.
- End the day in Jerusalem as we welcome in Shabbat together.
Day 5, October 1
- Our Awake Jerusalem celebration starts today! We begin our day by joining our Arab brothers and sisters in Bethlehem at Shepherd’s Field.
- Enjoy an evening session of Awake Jerusalem gathering together to worship and pray.
Day 6, October 2
- Visit the Eagles’ Wings Abraham’s Bread Feeding Center as we continue to reach out to those in need.
- Visit the Israel Museum and the Shrine of the Book.
- In the late afternoon, be a part of the Global Day of Prayer for the Peace of Jerusalem.
Day 7, October 3
- Begin the day by walking and praying as Watchmen on the Walls on the Ramparts Walk along the Old City of Jerusalem.
- Afterwards, gather at Yad Vashem, the Holocaust Memorial Museum.
- Finish our day with worship and teaching at our final Awake Jerusalem session.
Day 8, October 4
- Tour the Old City of Jerusalem today. Enter through Jaffa Gate and into the Christian Quarter.
- Have lunch in the Jewish Quarter and walk through the Cardo as we proceed to the Western Wall.
- Continue to Mount Zion, visiting the House of Caiaphas, the Tomb of King David, and the Upper Room.
- Proceed to the Via Dolorosa where we will also see the Pool of Bethesda where Jesus healed the paralytic.
Day 9, October 5
- Today is Yom Kippur, the holiest day in the Jewish calendar, the day of atonement. While most sites will be closed, it will be a day of rest, reflection and worship for our group.
- You can wear white, as is customary for the Jewish people on this day, and we will walk to the Western Wall together!
Day 10, October 6
- This morning, we’ll see the Friends of Zion Museum and finish touring Jerusalem.
- Departing Jerusalem, we will head north towards Tiberius and the Sea of Galilee.
- We’ll have a baptism service at the Jordan River.
- Arrive at the beautiful Sea of Galilee.
- Dinner and overnight in Tiberias.
Day 11, October 7
- In In the Galilee today, visit the Mt. of Beatitudes for a time of worship and prayer.
- Continue to Capernaum and the archaeological site of Magdala.
- See Beit Igal Alon, the Jesus Boat Musem.
- Enjoy a beautiful boat ride on the Sea of Galilee and see Domus Galilaeae.
- Afterwards, drive to the Golan Heights in the north of Israel to see Caesarea Philippi and Tel Dan.
- Arrive back at our hotel in Tiberias to enjoy a wonderful Israeli dinner.
Day 12, October 8
- Today is our last day in Israel. Leaving the Galilee, we’ll travel through Nazareth, where Jesus spent most of his childhood.
- Continue to Mount Carmel and the Elijah Monument to see a panoramic view of the Jezreel Valley, also known as the Valley of Armageddon (Megiddo).
- Visit the archaeological seaport of Caesarea.
- Then on to Tel Aviv to enjoy our farewell dinner together at the local restaurant.
- Head to Ben Gurion Airport for our evening flight back to the U.S.
More Sites to See
Have questions? Reach out to us!